Titan Tankless and fluorescent fixture

I installed a Titan N-120 tankless water heater in a new addition in my house. It appears to be working fine, but there is a problem that is baffling my electrician. When the hot water is turned on and the instant hot engages, a 48 inch double florescent fixture in the vanity area flickers. My electrician has changed the bulbs and ballast ( to electronic) and it has not solved the problem. These units are on different circuits and the electrical supply is more than adequate. We had been assuming the problem was with the lighting fixture, but now wonder if there is something about the water heater that might be causing this. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Don Smith snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Don

Make sure it is properly grounded.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A Tankless electric water heater pulls an enormous amount of Current. Any current that travels through a copper wire sets up and Electromagnetic field. My question is .. Does the wiring circuit to the Florescent fixture parallel the wiring for the Tankless Water heater? If so is there any possibility that you could easily isolate the two? My first thought is that an electric field, from the massive current being drawn by the Tankless Water heater, is inducing a counter voltage into the circuit that goes to the Flourescent light.

Reply to
Gary KW4Z

Good catch.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Did you check voltage at the lamp when the tankless is on, also test it at the tankless to be sure proper gauge is allowing full power. It could be electronics of the tankless are emitting RF from poor shielding. Im sure your tankless co has your answer.

Reply to
m Ransley