Tire Air Rotation for Spring

Pretty sure I know where all this Nitrogen stuff started... or at least this is what they had to say about it back in A&P (Airframe and Powerplant) school.
Larger aircraft use massive high pressure tires, and having one explode or blow off the rim can result in structural damage. Their wheels are equipped with (thermally activated) fusible plugs designed to open and limit maximum pressure in the event of a tire overheat condition... like the long hard brake application of an aborted take-off, or a wheel well fire to name two. These plugs do not re close, and once blown allow the tire to completely deflate over a period of several minutes.
See the second paragraph under the 'Other Applications' heading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusible_plug
With the landing gear retracted, and if the tires are inflated with plain air, a blown plug/s can force aspirate a wheel well fire. With Nitrogen, the blown plug/s can assist fire mitigation by helping purge the wheel well of oxygen.
For automotive/truck use, there is absolutely on harm in Nitrogen's use, but the only thing it'll really accomplish is to lighten your wallet.
Erik
On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 05:44:15 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa

I use 80% nitrogen

rease in mileage. (Recommended by Goodyear!)

regular air is 80% nitrogen........
corrections departments are looking at going back to gas chambers to execute prisoners sentenced to death.
they would breathe 100% nitrogen and just go to sleep within a few minutes...... No breathlesness since nitrogen is a noramal part of air.
I DONT BELIEVE anyone should ever be executed, since mistakes can and have been made, executing killing people who were not guilty..
On 3/24/2013 10:36 AM, bob haller wrote:

When I was getting my safety training down at the Kennedy Space Center they told us that if you walked into a closed space with no oxygen you would die in about 2 breaths. That's because the oxygen free atmosphere would suck the oxygen right out of your blood. In fact I understand that there are almost always 2 deaths associated with an oxygen free atmosphere. One person goes in and drops, so the second goes to help and dies also. That was why they have such good training for entering confined spaces. There have been a couple of deaths caused that way. And of course they purge a lot of spaces with nitrogen prior to launch to prevent fires and explosions.
You don't really need a chamber to execute somebody with a pure gas, you just need a mask. Put the mask on, turn on the gas and they will be gone.
I agree with not executing any body. If they turn out to be innocent you can't bring them back. And there is another argument that will get some people. It costs a lot more in court costs to execute somebody than it does to lock them up for life.
Bill
I've looked into euthanasia, and it seems that any inert gas -- helium, nitrogen, argon -- will work about the same. Simply drift off to sleep, painlessly, and no feeling of suffocation since these gasses don't combine with hemoglobin and form carbon dioxide, triggering the sensors in the carotid artery..... Simply a little hose to a plastic bag over one's head...... a good plan to have in one's back pocket.....
Regarding the original poster about tires... I'd fill them full of fart gas so that people wouldn't park so close and dogs wouldn't pee on the tires.... Harbor Freight sells a transfer pump that one can insert to pump out the farts into a plastic bag connected to a compressor input, and re-fill the tires from there. Use caution, tho, and don't turn on the compressor pump with the transfer pump hose still inserted.... you might lose your tongue and your ears....
On 03/24/2013 10:36 AM, bob haller wrote:
[snip]

You shouldn't do that :-) The government is taking advantage of the fact that most people are too stupid to realize the government is killing people, unless they CALL it killing. If enough people find out what the government is actually doing, they'll have to reopen room 101.
On 3/24/2013 9:36 AM, bob haller wrote:

No doubt that there are people who should be killed and deserve it but the power of life and death should be incorruptible and unfortunately NO legal system is incorruptible even our own is not immune to corruption. If we're going to have a death penalty lets have a mandatory death penalty for the commission of ANY felony by any public servant who takes an oath to uphold the laws and Constitution of the country. Sentence to be carried out within 48 hours upon conviction. People with special powers, special privileges and special immunities should get special punishment. Perjury is a felony, imagine what would happen when politicians realize that lying could get them killed? ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 23:30:02 -0600, mechanics snipped-for-privacy@repairs.com wrote:

While you're at it, have your coolant replaced with a 50-50 mix of antifreeze (ethylene glycol) and an automotive-grade solvent (e.g. "dyhydrogen monoxide" aka "DHMO").
Be careful though, DHMO is nasty stuff:
http://www.dhmo.org/