Tipping tradespeople?

Page 2 of 2

On 2 Nov 2006 08:41:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Only if the work was truly superior. <BG>
GWB wrote:

Otherwise Phily blunts. Keep the Arturo Fuentues for yourself.

I find that to be in EXTREMELY poor taste. :(

I believe that leaving/presenting a CA$H tip lies mostly in the domain of wait staff in food service and barbers and hairstylists.
After >25-years performing in-house technical work (telco repair/install), I can count on one hand the number of cash tips I have accepted. I have been OFFERED same many more times.
Generally, when offered, I politely decline saying it isn't allowed by my employer and, despite a certain disagreement from the union, that I am well paid.
On those extremely few occasions where I accepted, it was despite my protestations and the customer was quite adamant.
More than a cash tip, it is an ego trip when my boss informs me that a customer called in to compliment me and my work.
--
:)
JR

imho:
if this was my employee, I would want you report it to me.
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com
Jo, Here's a tip you should of given them:
Dumbass you should of studied hard, went to college and majored in law or medicine, passed the barr or med board. Instead no, you decided to enter the trades and beg for tips. You are fucking worse than the politicians that are hounding me for my vote. How pathetic. Not get off my property your worthless sack of shit.