Time for new roof.

Hi, Narrowed down to two choices. Concrete tile vs. metal roof looking like tile. Unit cost is about same, rated life expectancy too. Probably my last roofing job. My climate is cold in winter with some snow(never wet snow). No high winds, no tornado like severe conditions. Any pros, cons? Suggestions/recommendations? TIA
"Tony Hwang" wrote

Check to see if the tiles add just a hair of insulation value over the metal. That might save you some heating dollars in the long run in your area.

try to blend in with neighborhood.
if every home but yours has a metal roof and yours is concrete, at home sale time being wierd may be a deal breaker
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Story time: Some 25 years ago, a row of condos was built near where I lived. They looked very posh. The builder put on a blue standing seam metal roof. It was very modern, and it stood out from the sea of brown asphalt shingle roofs that surrounded it.
The condos sat empty for more than a year.
The beautiful, expensive, low-maintenance metal roof was replaced with brown asphalt shingles, and the condos sold in a few months.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
Tony Hwang wrote:

I hate to tell you this, but if your roof was not designed for concrete tiles then, due to the weight, you only have the one choice.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.