HeyBub wrote:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Israeli-Army-T-Shirts-Mock-Killing-Palestinian-Women-And-Children-During-Gaza-Offensive/Article/200903315245946
Oh, boo hoo.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 22, 6:31 am, "Stormin Mormon"

Years ago there was a case where a man shot a 22 rifle at the lake surface.
The bullet went TWO MILES entered a moving car through a small window and killed a girl.
The man went to prison for manslaughter..for decades.
TMT
Add pictures here
✖
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

I remember something like that happening in New York or New Jersey and it wasn't a 22, it was an M-1. A guy fired the rifle out on a bay and the bullet skipped across the water and entered the right rear window of a young woman's car striking her behind the ear. If her window had been rolled up, the bullet would not have hit her. The story I read was about the detective who solved the unusual case.
TDD
Add pictures here
✖
OK- you're pegging my BS meter--- will you set the record straight so I can recalibrate it?
-snip-

Where? When?
And while you're at it-- Could you clarify what you do that makes you use your guns daily? TMT> "I am a gun owner and use guns daily...responsibly TMT> and legally...and I take this subject very seriously."
And where do you live where there are "approved areas" for releasing varmints; TMT> "Live trap him and release in an approved area."
Could you also clarify this a bit with some numbers & citations; TMT> "There are countless "experts" serving decades of prison TMT> time for projectiles that went where they were not meant TMT> to go and causing damage/death that was unintended."
Where do you live? I'd like to come over and discharge a firearm next door just to see how this scenario plays out for you; TMT> "With that said, if my neighbor discharged a gun TMT> illegally I would be strongly tempted to beat him TMT> senseless before I called 9/11 to impress on him TMT> the stupidity of his act that placed my family in danger."
Jim
Add pictures here
✖

Jim, your BS meter is not my problem.
Anyone placing my family in jeopardy by misusing firearms is.
TMT
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:37:54 -0400, against all advice, something

Yes it would. I took out a cat with one. It sounds like a powerful air gun.
--

Real men don\'t text.

Add pictures here
✖

CLR ice. Startling results.
;-)
✖
On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 08:23:28 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

I caught a woodchuck in my vegetable garden one time. I beat him over the head with a shovel handle which didn't phase him. We can't legally discharge firearms here either (people do anyway) but a bow and arrow does the job very effectively, silently. Try throwing some moth balls into the hole and fill with rocks.
Add pictures here
✖

Baseball bat...Swing for the fence....That's how I got rid of one in my lawn....Then cut his head off and put it on a stick in the ground next to his hole as a warning to his friends...LOL...;)
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 20, 10:23 am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Live trap him and release in an approved area.
He has just as much right to life as you do.
And as you pointed out, he was there first.
Ignore the idiots who are telling you to poison or shoot the animal...you will most likely cause him to die under your building...then you will have a serious problem of living with the stink for 2-4 weeks.
As for the clowns discussing firearms and ammo, I am always amazed at how ignorant the majority of gun owners are.
When you discharge a firearm...any firearm..., you are completely responsible for what damage the projectile causes and where it goes.
There are countless "experts" serving decades of prison time for projectiles that went where they were not meant to go and causing damage/death that was unintended.
I am a gun owner and use guns daily...responsibly and legally...and I take this subject very seriously.
With that said, if my neighbor discharged a gun illegally I would be strongly tempted to beat him senseless before I called 9/11 to impress on him the stupidity of his act that placed my family in danger.
Good luck with a successful and peaceful solution to the groundhog problem.
TMT
Add pictures here
✖
Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Right up until the point he became destructive. Besides, we are further up the food chain than he is.

So what? We're talking about a shed, remember?

Yes, I'm a gun owner too. How is it that you use yours "daily"? I don't even handle one of mine on a daily basis, much less "use" it, and I have a concealed carry permit.

You'd beat your neighbor senseless but you advocate a green solution to the woodchuck problem? I'd be concerned if I heard gunshots next door but the last thing I would do is go confront the guy. If he caused damage, call the cops. If he hurt somebody, call the cops. I'd only confront him if there were still incoming ordnance to stop the threat.
Me? If I had this guy's problem I'd probably try to dispatch the critter with an air rifle. Less chance for collateral damage.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
Add pictures here
✖
Mortimer Schnerd wrote:

As a CHL holder, you are no doubt aware of all the legal ramifications of your shot. In the current case, suppose there was "collateral damage." For instance, a toddler 300 yards away playing with a kitten in his backyard sandbox (the child's sandbox, not the kitten's).
When the cops arrive, you tell them the groundhog attacked you, pointing to a torn pants leg. In fear of your life from a possibly rabid animal or one infected with chastic fibrosis (a disease usually found in foxes), you discharged your weapon and, at the last millisecond, the groundhog ducked!
Since there was no showing of negligence, combined with the compelling exigent circumstances, the regrettable attendant death can be a degree of homicide no greater than excusable, for which there is no penalty.
Add pictures here
✖

AKA the Jimmy Carter "killer rabbit" story.
Add pictures here
✖

A variation of the story that Cheney told after shooting his friend in the face.
TMT
Add pictures here
✖