Time delay relay suggestions?

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:36:21 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

OK I missed the new motor part, sorry.
On Mon, 21 Apr 2014 05:19:26 -0500, The Daring Dufas

You can't use diodes for AC arc suppression. You are stuck with RC networks and you have to be careful with your capacitor selection. When switching big AC loads (10a or more) you usually end up with 440v cans like you see for motor start capacitors. They need to be carefully sized to the load. Generally they will just use a big contactor that can live with the arc. I am using 2440 SSRs in my hot tub controller for a 2sp 3/4 HP motor.

but it's not what I was referring to. I used to build my own solid state motor controllers from scratch so I have a pretty good idea what will work and what will burn up because I've burned up a lot of stuff to learn what and what not to do. I call it on the job education. ^_^
TDD

My new 2sp spa pump is 3/4hp and 1/10th hp so it is less than 1/4 as much. It still can pump up to the collectors on the roof.
On Tue, 6 May 2014 09:40:18 -0700 (PDT), trader_4

As long as you are flowing some water that is true but if it truly runs dry, heat is the enemy. A good part of the motor cooling is down that shaft and the seal is depending 100% on the water. I just had to replace a melted pump housing because it ran dry for a day.
The Daring Dufas posted for all of us...
And I know how to SNIP

Doesn't that just burn you up. Going down in flames? It's a scorcher alright. Watch the arc. I will relay the contacts.
--
Tekkie