Tile versus carpet?

I'm looking at buying a 2000 square foot, 20-year-old house in North Texas, with a concrete slab foundation - most carpeting and kitchen floor covering will probably need to be replaced - I'm trying to decide on tile versus carpet for the living room, dining room, kitchen, hallway, etc. (not the bedrooms). Esthetics aside, assuming equal quality carpet and tile products, how much more (percentage) should I expect to pay for tile versus carpeting (materials + installation)? Thanks.

Reply to
No-Name

I'm not sure what you mean by "equal quality" when you are comparing apples and tangerines. By tile, do you mean rubber, ceramic, stone, or composite of sorts?

I think you need to make a visit to a reputable floor covering dealer to see what is available. There are many wood products that will go on your slab floor also. They can be installed by the homeowner with no special tools also.

for a start. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski