Tile over laminate

I've read that you can apply tile directly on top of a laminate counter top if you scuff up the plasic laminate surface first. I'm still concerend about bonding to the plastic. Does anyone have experience with this?

I've done it with very good success.Just scuff it well. I used a belt sander with a heavy grit. Worked fine. I don't recall the name of the mastic I used but it came in a bright pinkish-purple tub with a black lid. My father used it to tile the bathrooms of their church. Worked great. I believe it's designed for multiple surfaces.
Hope this helps.
Troy