Tile Counter top

I was in the local home improvement store and they have some very nice Marble and granite 12"x12" tiles and bull nose tiles. I was thinking this would look very nice as a counter top. I could skuff up the existing counter put the tile over and have a granite counter top at a fraction of the cost, plus I could do it myself! If I do this, could I but the tiles together and have a minumal grout joint, or would I be better off leaving it at the standard gout joint? Or would I be better off forgetting the idea? Also, if I do this, should I use sanded or unsanded grout?

Thanks

Reply to
???

You might wander around here a little:

Much thinner, much easier to work. If it makes a floor, , , , , No, I have not used it for a countertop, but I'm thinking hard about it.

very nice

thinking this

existing counter

of the cost,

together and

at the

idea?

Reply to
DanG

If you do end up doing it have a standard joint (~1/8 or so) with UNsanded grout. Sanded grout is for larger joints. Use lots of grout sealer when the grout has set.

Reply to
b&k

Reply to
Art Todesco