This NG is a hoot!

Page 1 of 4
I've never seen so many old cranks in any other NG. What is even more interesting is that one can discern from the posting time of responses that most of you old mos must spend a large part of your day posting to this NG. I guess being on "disability" give you a lot of time and posting here gives you something to do.
It's pitiful, but entertaining.
Is anybody here under 60 years old?
On 05/15/2014 02:25 AM, Zaky Waky wrote:

Yah, we got some nutcakes here for sure!
On 5/15/2014 1:25 AM, Waky Zaky, Expert Poop Muncher wrote:

When I was a young man, I did get impatient sometimes with old folks until I realized I would be in that situation someday. Because of that, I was never mean to old folks and the disabled. As a matter of fact I did what I could to help them when I saw they were having a problem getting around and I continue to do it even though I'm disabled myself. Up until a few years ago, I could carry their groceries for them but now I can at least hold a door for someone who's in a wheelchair or using a walker which is something I've had to use before. Whacky Zacky, you're quite the pyrogenic posterior sphincter as proven by your attitude and disrespectful behavior toward the aged and disabled. I would tell you to consume excreta and expire but in your case, that would be akin to cannibalism. I have my doubts that you'll survive to reach the age of me and many of the people who post to this group due to the unhealthy habits and addictions you share with those of your ilk who are some of the nastiest cretins I've ever met. Whacky Zacky, I don't think you'll make it to 60 and you'll be lucky if you reach 50. I certainly won't be around to witness your decline into poor health and what will probably be dementia because of the brain damaged caused by your consumption of recreational chemicals and your inhalation of the toxic byproducts of combustion from several plant species. It's very satisfying to me to know that you won't reach the age of those you disparage and treat with so much disrespect. Karma is a bitch ain't it? ^__^
TDD

You asked this a few weeks back. Are you that lame as to have to use the same troll every month? Did you already forget this has been asked? By the time you are 60, you will be so pathetically brain dead you will post this every day.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, he won't even remember his own name or any thing.

Possibly but doubtful because that is about the age when youthful idiocy disappears.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
Zaky Waky wrote:

Well , I'm over 60 and retired ... but I have a large garden , some "livestock" , and a part time machine shop . All right here on The 12 Acre Wood <wife's a WtheP fan> . So I may have several opportunities daily to check and respond here and in other NG's I read . Bet I work more hours weekly than a lot of employed folks , especially in these days of Obamacare-driven part time jobs . But hay , chickens gotta eat and weeds gotta be cultivated , and those trees out in our new orchard need quite a bit of care right now as they get established .
--
Snag

| I've never seen so many old cranks in any other NG.
I have. I find the crowd here to be mostly intelligent and courteous. Many of the tech groups I've visited have a high population of what I'd call unsocialized geeks, who tend to be mean-spirited, close-minded, and barely literate. I recently decided to check out philosophy groups, but ended up dropping them because even when someone posted a coherent, interesting post, most discussion tended to degenerate into "atheist mania". (I never knew "atheists" were such an irrational, steamed-up bunch. They hang around in the philosophy groups, awaiting any opportunity for a bilious outbourst about their inflamed belief that they don't believe anything. :)
| Is anybody here under 60 years old?
I am, but just barely. I find that an interesting point. I think the people in most newsgroups are mostly older. The baby boomers know the Internet as a public information and sharing medium. Younger people have grown up in a commercial culture. They spend their youth in commercially owned shopping malls and live their social lives hosted by corporate service companies like Facebook. For the most part, these are people who have no experience of citizenship in any part of their lives. They know themselves and others as "consumers". They go online to "consume" services from Facebook, Foursquare, etc, in lieu of a social life.
I find the whole thing both fascinating and scary. Newsgroups are a simple, text-based conversation medium that can provide help in almost all areas of life, yet their "unofficial", non-commercial nature -- the fact that the participants pretty much make the groups what they are -- makes them virtually invisible to people who live as consumers.
And what about you? Surely you must have something *useful* to contribute? Are you handy? Do you have skills that might be helpful to others? Do you need any help with handyman issues?
On 5/15/2014 9:41 AM, Mayayana wrote:

It's an interesting mix of people. Add to the mix, the web portal folks who have no clue what Usenet is. Spammers who want to sell vinyl windows in Detroit, and the occasional flamer.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Nice insightful post and well said. ;)
nb

<snipped rest>
Good post and reasonably accurate, I would judge.
One point, not all atheists - or believers/acceptors - are irrational. I've been an atheist for 65 years and I, for one, consider myself to be rational and I don't care what others believe. If that is a bilious outburst, so be it :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 5/15/2014 10:10 AM, dadiOH wrote:

give me a reason not to. Such as threatening to behead me if I don't convert to their religion. O_o
TDD

If you don't convert to Mormon, I may send people out to ring your door bell. Then, you'll be sorry.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

http://allenbwest.com/2014/05/coexist-u-s-reps-hit-religious-discrimination-jerusalem/
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 5/16/2014 6:23 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

according to P.L.L.C.F. because they believe everyone must kiss Islamic ass. I think they're worried they'll get beheaded if they insult Islam. Of course they can disparage Christians all day long because they know that Christians won't kill them for insulting Christianity. o_O
TDD
On Thu, 15 May 2014 09:41:34 -0400, "Mayayana"

Good points. Well said.
| One point, not all atheists - or believers/acceptors - are irrational. I've | been an atheist for 65 years and I, for one, consider myself to be rational | and I don't care what others believe. If that is a bilious outburst, so be | it :) |
There seems to be somewhat of a movement happening:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Atheism http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/atheism.html
I hadn't really noticed until I saw the posts of the people in the philosophy group. I think most of the people I know are either atheists or can't even be bothered to think about it. We've become a country of "scientific materialists" or "concretists". (It's hard to even come up with a name because the view that religion is mostly irrelevant has become an unconscious assumption in the mainstream.) But the atheist "movement" seems to be essentially a new religion that sees itself as standing against the oppression of organized religions. They feel a need to actually assert what they view as rational thought, forcefully rejecting all possible realities or aspects of reality save for the basic knowledge that can be confirmed by scientific observation. Ironically, they seem to be vehement and thoroughly irrational in their attitudes, very much like a fundamentalist religious cult. The cult of scientism. :)

They'll have to squeeze by the Jehovah's Witnesses :)
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 05/15/2014 11:50 AM, dadiOH wrote:

No doubt past the yellow crime scene tape and the chalk outlines!
--
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 5/15/2014 2:50 PM, dadiOH wrote:

Paradise Earth pamphlet.