Thin drywall tape recommendation?

Page 2 of 2

I normally use a new blade, & it doesn't matter, it wouldn't matter if you used a saw, unless it was a circular saw. That is just one of those things that seems like it ought to work but, doesn't. Still I don't care what others do, so long as I don't have to follow them. BTW the advise others gave on the paintable chalk, is a +1 that is the easiest and the best.
On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:00:52 -0500, blueman wrote:

I have used some perforated,self-adhesive paper tape from Lowes, but with mixed results. Best to just put on a thin layer of normal weight (or special taping) mud and end with a 12" trowel on each side of the repair and don't go crazy building it up. If you are careful you will only need 2 thin coats on top of the tape.

That tape SUCKS..I would not recomend it...

I also won't use mesh tape on a flat surface. It is thicker than the paper and the texture is almost impossible to do a smooth finish without a lot of buildup...but then I haven't done any in 20 years so there may have been improvements.
Harry K