Thin drywall tape recommendation?

That makes a lot more sense!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

I have used some perforated,self-adhesive paper tape from Lowes, but with mixed results. Best to just put on a thin layer of normal weight (or special taping) mud and end with a 12" trowel on each side of the repair and don't go crazy building it up. If you are careful you will only need 2 thin coats on top of the tape.

Reply to
Michael Dobony

That tape SUCKS..I would not recomend it...

Reply to
benick

te:

I also won't use mesh tape on a flat surface. It is thicker than the paper and the texture is almost impossible to do a smooth finish without a lot of buildup...but then I haven't done any in 20 years so there may have been improvements.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K