Thermostat + Electric baseboard heater not working

I have a electric baseboard heater in my bathroom which does not work. I just bought this house, so no idea if it ever did. I opened up the thermostat and checked to see if the thermostat received any power at all. It seems there is no electricity flowing to the thermostat connection and hence the electric baseboard. ( Iused a electric bulb set to complete the circuit )

Since the wires are behind the wall, is there any way to check where the fault might be? All other lights etc in the bathroom work fine.

I don't see that anything has tripped.

Thanks

Reply to
Slain

If it's a baseboard heater, it may be on its own 240V circuit. thus be careful, either get a 240V bulb for your test light (they do exist; I used to have one although I think it finally broke after 5 or 6 moves, need to get another... was a shame, too, I got it from my grandfather and it was so old it actually said "Mazda" on it...) or use a multimeter set to the appropriate range. look in your breaker panel for a 240V breaker (two poles) that may have tripped. Need I say be careful not to touch any wires that may be hot, 240V kills you twice as dead as 120 :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

It is possible that it's been disconnected in the breaker box

Reply to
RBM