thermocouple

I would like to chase the threads where the thermocouple screws in to my gas valve, dose anyone know what tap size? thank BIG D
On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 19:32:54 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

    How about measuring the threads on the thermocouple? If you don't have the tool for that, just take it in to the shop and ask for a chase to fit it.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If you have an old thermocouple that has an undamaged nut on it, you can cut the coaxial copper lead and slip the nut off. Take the nut and cut or file a few grooves across the threads which will produce some cutting edges. If you have ever looked at a self tapping machine screw, you will understand what I mean. The trick works on standard machine screws also to let them cut threads into thin material.
http://www.americanfastener.com/images/techspec/302c.gif
TDD
On Dec 23, 9:32 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Agree w/ others on sizing; just be extremely careful to not fill the line w/ any cuttings etc., that will/could plug orifices and cause more trouble.
dpb wrote:

He's not writing about a gas line, it's the electrical connection for the line from the thermocouple.
TDD