The unwanted pole

Page 2 of 3
Oren wrote:

The nylon strap stretches and stores even more potential energy, given all the things that can go wrong, I don't recommend this approach at all .
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 16:08:58 -0800, James Sweet

Let a chain or cable hit you up side the head. Understand the difference? I mentioned tug and nylon straps are safer.
Oren wrote:

Which is why I say I don't recommend this approach at all. Pulling something stubborn out with a vehicle is just asking for trouble, there's lots of safer ways.
Wrap it (near the ground) with two turns of detonation cord, fit a proper blasting cap, stand back and push the plunger..(Just kidding). :^)
EJ in NJ
James Sweet wrote:

You left out the Thermite option. (worth a watch) and cheaper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrCWLpRc1yM

Thermite would be safer and more colorful, but somewhat short on sound.
EJ in NJ
Oren wrote:

You should use the pole for pole dancing. Turn on some loud stripper music and go out there and gyrate and twirl with the pole. Your neighbors will be very amused.
sawzall or a cutting torch.
you can beat the remanents with a hammer to get rid of bad edges.

" Being Polish, I resent your post.
Being American, I wish you'd left some quoted text.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Whhoooooooooooooooosssssshhhhhhhh, over your head. Normally you'd be right, but in this case, the subject line is the straight line.
On Wed 10 Dec 2008 07:22:29p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

I take it you resent the thought of being cut down to the level of the concrete.<g>
--
Wayne Boatwright

Are you leveling with me?
On Thu 11 Dec 2008 08:50:56p, Ed Pawlowski told us...

Absolutely!
--
Wayne Boatwright

Well, my last name got whacked off at 6 letters at some generation between Poland and the USA. Maybe it was just that they had trouble spelling their last name:-)
Couple for you Ed...
All shoes made in Poland have TGIF stamped on the inside of the heel. Stands for Toes Go In First.
Italians built a bridge across a desert section. Went back 3 days later to paint it and some Polocks were fishing off it.
Hope you take these lightly as I do. If not, my sincere apologies.

In Poland they have jokes poking fun at Americans. For instance: How many Americans does it take to screw in a light bulb?
One
John Grabowski wrote:

Stop it! You're killing me!
"We will launch a massive effort to make public buildings more energy efficient. Our government now pays the highest energy bills in the world. We need to change that. We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs." - Barak Obama, 8 December 2008
http://green.yahoo.com/blog/ecogeek/847/energy-efficiency-leads-obama-s-economic-plan.html

That's an awesome one John-ski.

I used to go back and forth with my Italian Father in law all the time trying to top each other.