The Rockwell Blade Runner

Yesterday I was watching a recorded show, and when I cut it off an infomercial for the blade runner was showing. Since it was a tool I naturally had to check it out for at least a few seconds. Well, then I saw the most fantastic thing about it. It comes with a mount so that you can mount it on the wall and use it there. What really got me was the wall they showed it mounted to. It was almost bare. Obviously not a real wall. At least I have never had a garage/shop wall that didn't have anything on or against it. There are work benches, shelves, stuff hanging on the wall, stuff stacked against the wall, you name it.
The saw may be a fine saw, but I think for my next tool purchase I will get something else.
Bill
Bill Gill wrote the following:

There's a 4 foot level and an orange extension cord mounted on the small section of wall shown. Some people are neater, or more obsessive, than others. Me? I don't have room on my wall to hang a saw blade, much less a whole saw.
Is this the saw you saw, or sawed, or sawn? :-) https://www.rockwelltools.com/US/BladeRunner_Saw-P1564.aspx?gclid=CI6fyKTY06kCFQ495QodIXILNw

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:25:59 -0500, Bill Gill wrote:

Here are customer reviews. Actually, most of the five star ratings read as though they are written by the company advertising department:
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
The consensus of the legitimate reviews is it is ok for small projects such as bird houses, but not for large projects especially those involving wood thicker than 1 inch. Also, Rockwell blades are not very good - you need to buy some from other manufacturers.

Everything I've read/seen/heard is blatant infomercial hype. Isn't there an aftermarket table to mount an upside down jigsaw, like for routers? Shouldn't be too hard to make one. I love the nonsense about "it mounts to your wall" and in the next breath, "can make long rip cuts". Is that the wall with the hole in it? ;)
nb
On 6/28/2011 9:26 AM, notbob wrote:

Well, I noticed that the long rip cut they were making was maybe 2 or 3 feet long, at most. When I think of long rip cuts I think of 8 to 12 feet.
Bill