The Plumber

You can see all their prices when you're stopped at the red light. Not quite the same as with plumbers. :-)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

OK. Australia, then. :)

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Then fix it yourself.

If you don't break a bolt off it'll be easy. What could go wrong?

Reply to
3rd eye

I'll bet you wouldn't work "all day or two" for $400.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

No, they might have, OTOH, the price they pay for gas, an their other costs may all be nearly identical. However, gas station prices are a bit anomalous compared to many stores/products.

Even more difficult to comprehend is how 3 highly different prices at the same corner (and I have seen that with price differences as much as 25 cents (when gas was around $1.50 per gallon would indicate that the prices were based on some other consideration.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

I do! Except for changing a thermostat on my Explorer. Three bolts, all hard to get at, and three different sized heads, one of which I could not fit any SAE or metric socket or box end on. Another Ford better idea.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Wife, it is always a woman.

She thinks that spilled a/f in the garage could poison the dogs.

Reply to
Brian

Reply to
Pat in Atlanta

What happened to adding, "And the horse you rode in on" ?

Shoosh, this place is beginning to sound like a middle school cafeteria.

You guys should just direct each other to:

Jeff (Not being serious here...)

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

-> >Today I checked on replacing thermostat on my car.

->

-> >>The job involved removing oil filter(easily accessable and not below

-> >>the car like some others), and undoing two bolts below filter. Part is

-> >>$5. Repairshop quote: $3xx.00

-> >>Toyota Repair manual lists: 0.4 hour lab.

-> >>I am in the wrong business.

->

-> >Then fix it yourself.

-> >

-> >If you don't break a bolt off it'll be easy.

-> >What could go wrong?

->

-> Wife, it is always a woman.

->

-> She thinks that spilled a/f in the garage could poison

-> the dogs.

She's right. Many animals die horribly from drinking "spilled" anti-freeze.

Suzie-Q

LOL

I use that web site quite a bit...

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

True. The more important question is why would anyone have spilled antifreeze in a garage and not clean it up immediately or at least before any animal could get to it?

Reply to
George E. Cawthon