The Perfect Gift

The perfect gift: A Tool Box

Most everyone has a screwdriver or two laying around the house, but not everyone has a minimum collection stored in a tool box. If you know a young person graduating from high school, a single relative, or even yourself, a tool box with a minimum complement of tools may be the perfect gift.

Based on my own experience, the BASIC TOOL BOX should include:

A plastic or metal box such as the 13 plastic box from Walmart or the

14 plastic box from Lowes. The box should have a secure latch that wont come open when picked up. #1 Philips screwdriver #2 Philips screwdriver 1/8 Flat blade screwdriver 1/4 Flat blade screwdriver Standard pair of slip-joint pliers with insulated handle Diagonal cutters with insulated handle Long nose pliers with side cutter and insulated handle Small claw hammer such as Sears 3805 - 7 oz.

Depending on your knowledge of the individuals needs and the size of the box, additional items might include:

Full-size hammer Crowbar or pry-lever Flashlight Tire pressure gauge Pocket knife & sharpening stone Soldering iron, solder & soldering braid Digital multimeter Set of nut drivers Set of Allen wrenches Set of Torx drivers Set of jeweler's screwdrivers

You get the idea!

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

And, it's a really excellent idea. Sunday we had two zones heat go out, at church. I used such a bag ( some what like this:

) to carry tools up the ladder to the mechanical room.

I need another such bag, as I've got two vehicles. Don't leave home without it!

Reply to
Stormin Mormon