The Perfect Gift

The perfect gift: A Tool Box
Most everyone has a screwdriver or two laying around the house, but not everyone has a minimum collection stored in a tool box. If you know a young person graduating from high school, a single relative, or even yourself, a tool box with a minimum complement of tools may be the perfect gift.
Based on my own experience, the BASIC TOOL BOX should include:
A plastic or metal box such as the 13 plastic box from Walmart or the 14 plastic box from Lowes. The box should have a secure latch that wont come open when picked up. #1 Philips screwdriver #2 Philips screwdriver 1/8 Flat blade screwdriver 1/4 Flat blade screwdriver Standard pair of slip-joint pliers with insulated handle Diagonal cutters with insulated handle Long nose pliers with side cutter and insulated handle Small claw hammer such as Sears 3805 - 7 oz.
Depending on your knowledge of the individuals needs and the size of the box, additional items might include:
Full-size hammer Crowbar or pry-lever Flashlight Tire pressure gauge Pocket knife & sharpening stone Soldering iron, solder & soldering braid Digital multimeter Set of nut drivers Set of Allen wrenches Set of Torx drivers Set of jeweler's screwdrivers
You get the idea!
Fred
On 12/1/2013 6:25 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:

And, it's a really excellent idea. Sunday we had two zones heat go out, at church. I used such a bag ( some what like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/12-in-tool-bag-61467.html ) to carry tools up the ladder to the mechanical room.
I need another such bag, as I've got two vehicles. Don't leave home without it!
--
.
Christopher A. Young