The latest angle from the septic 'helpers'

The additive company (used to be Kranes) called the other day and tried to coerce my wife into buing again. They did this in spite of me telling them not a month ago that we have sanitary sewers (I lied - not sorry!). THe angle this time is that the toilet paper in now being manufactured with more recycled paper and had addition, hard to dissolve properties which he didn't explain and wasn't willing to - there's a surprise. Fortunately, she didn't give and they said that they would call back. My big issue is what ever happened to the national opt-out program to block these calls? I checked to be sure that my number is still on the list and it is. Any suggestions??

1. Ask for their contact information for the purpose of turning them in. 2. Hand the phone to a 2 year old if available. 3. Start a string of profanity and personal insults guaranteed to make a sailor blush.
Send them a REGISTERED letter preferably on lawyer letterhead stating ANY futher calls will begin a lawsuit..
Thats how I FINALLY got AT&T to quit calling!
I aso had success with a cemetary that REMOVED my moms marker
true its was a temporary one, the permanent marker was already paid for but had 5 family members die in 6 months including my mom and step dad I just wasnt up to selecting final marker. christmas couldnt find the burial spot:(
Well they placed the permanent in the spring then kept calling to get ME to make my final arrangements:(
After several promises after calls by phone I made a physical in your face visit!
Walked in on a sale, was loud and direct about what jerks they were removing a temporary without warning!
threatened legal action screwed up their sale, suggested I wouldnt bury a animal there, they never called again..
personal in your face dont call again sometimes does wonders:)
nearly moved the bodies to a different cemetary, mt royal cemetary is uncaring........

As I understand it, once you have established a relationship to the company they have rights to contact you for something like six months legally even if you are on the list.
I suggest telling them that you will turn them in at the next call. If you get the next call, I suggest you start off with something like:
Congratulations, you have just won three free dance lessons. Just give me your name, address and telephone number and a dance professional will contact you to schedule your free lessons .....
It works, I have done it.
The Do-Not-Call list only applies if you have never done business with a company. If you have bought from then in the past, then you have a "previous business relationship" and they can call you.
HOWEVER, if you tell them flat out they are never ever to call you again, then from what I understand they cannot. Anybody who calls you after you have ordered them to leave you alone might open themselves up to harassment charges or other legal troubles. I suggest keeping a log of days/times they call.

The Telecommunications Consumer Protection Act of 1991 may be useful. Here's some info on it:
http://www.ucan . org/members/ucanmembersonly/gifts4members/takebackyourphone/takebakurphone. html
--
Regards,

them
more
didn't
didn't
My understanding is that you should tell them to "place this number on your do-not-call list".
Bob

You bought some once, so you have a pre-existing business relationship.

Right. But, if the OP tells the additive company not to call them again, they are bound by the DNC.
The FTC DNC FAQ specifically says:

In other words, a marketer you purchased from is not bound by a pre-existing DNC entry.
But, if you explicitly tell the marketer not to call you again, they ARE bound. If they call you again after you've told them not to, I suggest you file a complaint with the FTC. See the link below.
Those of you bothered by telemarketing calls should read:
http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall /
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est