That's not the correct answer!

Page 1 of 2

What is it with people these days?
They ask a question on the internet, then someone gives them the correct answer (usually something which involves *work* to fix it), then the person asking the question says...
"That is not the answer I was looking for. Anyone else?"
If they know what the answer should be, why are they asking?

To those I would respond, "Whay didn't you tell me it was a quiz? I would have studied."

If you think this quizee was tough, just wait till you see one of my testes.
--
Please Flush after reading this message

Bill wrote:

TDD
Give that man the prize.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The few times I've gotten a person to talk about it honestly, it seems someone told them "something" they liked about a fix or a collateral event, and that's what they are actually looking for. Then again, there are those who just want a reason to see their name in print even if it does embarass them. After that I guess one comes to the socio-paths, trolls, etc..
Twayne
Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
Twayne wrote:

Sociopath?! Where?!
TDD
On 3/13/2010 11:39 AM, Bill wrote:

claims everything can be done effortlessly and in seconds? When the get the correct answer they just know it can't be right.
"Bill" wrote

Sometimes it happens because folks don't read the whole question and start replying with things not related. Kinda like several years ago in here I asked a wood walkway building question and got 15 answers on cement ones. Cool info but I'd specifically said *wood* PT walkway.

They are used to the outcome based education system. You just have to write down any old answer, and you will pass, because the teacher will not mark it wrong so as to to keep the class's test scores high to get additional funding next year for scoring so high and they might get a raise and it is because it is what the teacher's union told them to do and it is PC..
Conditioning in one word.
Steve

Of course, that only happens in your fantasy world. In reality what occurs is the teachers spend all their time prepping their students to pass the test.

Agreed. We should bust what unions are left, reverse Obama's order to eliminate Bush's order with the Mexican scab truck drivers, and continue turning this country into a Turd World Nation. Long live Rush, Hannity, & Beck!
Pedro wrote:

I'm in Texas. Texas and Arizona are Right To Work states (New Mexico and California are not). That means we'd get most of the non-union Mexican drivers who'd buy our gas, eat our tacos, and pay our taxes. Too bad, New Mexico and California. In fact, a truck from Mexico MUST pass through a RTW state to get almost anywhere.
Bill wrote:

(replying to the OP, because in less than a dozen posts, the thread has already drifted into the usual political BS noise..)
They are perhaps wording their question and follow up badly, but I suspect many people who ask for additional opinions were hoping for easy/cheap/quick workarounds, even if they know the traditional correct answer. Hey, I grew up in the business, and already sorta know many of the answers for the more common problems. But I still hang out here for the stuff I don't know, and for new and inventive ways to solve old problems.
--
aem sends....

aemeijers wrote:

It can't be helped. It's all Bush's fault.
TDD
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:43:05 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Or Hoover's.

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 19:43:05 -0600, The Daring Dufas

Bush's villainy is now being vindicated.
Keep up people ..Bush ain't guilty!

time. After you look at your watch or cell phone and tell him, he asks "Are you sure?"
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Whenever someone asks me "What time is it?" I answer "Where?" If someone asks "Can you tell me what time it is?" I answer "Of course I can tell time, I've been able to tell time since I was a small child!"...........
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

We are not at all surprised.