Teenagers pulling pranks

Page 4 of 5
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote in

suppose they are just spray-painting your garage door with KKK garbage? (and you happen to be black)
Or maybe torching a cross in your yard?
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Isn't that just providing free illumination? ;)
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:23:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

sequestering?
Sequester the kids and no TP problem :-/
-- Oren
Why is there only one Monopolies Commission ?
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Ah, okay. A little context: Vandalism of any kind (i.e., toilet-papering a house, up-rooting mailboxes, graffiti, etc.) has been held in this state to be "criminal mischief during the nighttime and subjects the perpetrator to the application of deadly force.

Do you want to prove it? Do you feel lucky?

IMO,any time a person gets a restraining order against another person,they should be able to get a "loaner" handgun from the police,maybe from the confiscated guns they melt down or toss in the ocean. (along with a temporary carry permit and the usual training.)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Consider the admonition:
"You have a right to have a gun. If you cannot afford one, one will be provided for you."
Buy an outdoor motion sensor that chimes indoors. What you do after you catch them in the act is up to you.

hook the motion sensor up to your sprinkler system. they go on your lawn,and they get soaked. TP doesn't roll so good when it's wet.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Phisherman wrote:

Pick up the toilet paper, iron it, and use it yourself.
On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:04:35 +0000, Phisherman wrote:

Well, From all the posts I see everyone wants some type of revenge. So, Here is exactly what you do.
I sit out with a hose and sprayer on. When they get into the yard you give them a good soaking.
Of course, Now a days you have things like paint ball guns you can use.
If your not into that sort of thing then ask the police to park a car in the area or patrol it heavily during this holiday.
Send the cleanup bill to the parents of whoever you or the police catch.
--
coffee
Linux Registered User #449534

If you can get them, rig a 9v. battery to some steel wool and a M80 or agricultural firecrackers you can get at gun shows. A small trip wire causes the battery to tip, make contact, ignite the fuse, and a loud pop usually gets the attention of everyone within a block. May even get a call in of shots fired by a paranoid neighbor.
Vandals are opportunists, and avoid known resistors.
Steve

Black 1/8" parachute cord hung in strategic places has always been a favorite of mine. About twelve to eighteen inches above the ground, and fixed to two immovable objects on both ends. Or tied to stands of pipes or barrels in such an order as to cause noise and pain. Of course, done on private property. YOURS. It works wonders when camping and having people cut through your camp site. Plausible deniability there.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

their face plant. Trip wires that just make noise as the cord breaks are one thing- trip wires (or neck wires) that cause injury are likely to involve civil and criminal liability. Yes, even on private property, if not in an enclosed area. Law and case law recognizes that LITTLE kids, livestock, etc, wander at times and have to be retrieved, and that others (say, a cop chasing the kid vandalizing a neighbor's house) may be injured by your booby traps. If you want a perimeter wire, I recommend fishing line attached to tin cans full of ball bearings, balanced on a rock. It'll make a racket, but nobody will get hurt. And it is a lot cheaper than parachute cord.
(In the apartments I used to live in, I had to make a double 18" tall fence of twine, too wide to step through or across, to keep the damn ducks from coming on to my porch to steal birdseed. I didn't care about the birdseed, but when ducks eat, they also shit.)
aem sends...

Motion activated sprinklers?
Phisherman, 10/23/2007,4:04:35 PM, wrote:

If you can't beat them then join them...
I notice there are quite a few responses here to the question of "Teenagers pulling pranks".
Seems to be a lot of "first hand" knowledge here about this topic! Note that I was a "perfect" angel and never would have done such a thing :-)
Phisherman wrote:

Wow. TP'ing trees is one thing but graffiti is quite another. Your local gendarme needs to be patrolling more. You and your neighbors may want to 'talk' to the authorities. Or patrol it yourself for a time. This kind of thing rarely goes on for long, especially once the brats know they're being watched.

the HELL it's not. it takes time and effort to clean it up.
wet TP across a power line can start a fire.

You HAVE to be kidding. Do you believe police can be everywhere,protecting everyone and everything,at all times? Are you naive?

Now,just what do you mean by putting "talk" (in parentheses!!)?? Be specific and clear.

Yeah,and they just wait until you're done patrolling.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik