Teenagers pulling pranks

This week school's out and houses in my neighborhood are getting toilet papered. Originally, I thought these houses had someone in school sports or the house has a coach, but this is not the case. I guess toilet papering a house is not vandalism, but certainly can be classified as littering (a $50 fine, max). At one house they spray-painted "Ha Ha :)" on their concrete driveway. What can be done? What can one do to prevent their house/trees to be toilet papered?

Reply to
Phisherman

The proper solution cannot be put in writing, or discussed within earshot of anyone who would deem it excessive.

Use your imagination. Pick one kid and ____ ___ ____ ___ __ ___.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You can't stop 'em, you can only hope to limit the damage.

Replace the trees with water-saving models and they won't be able to use as much toilet paper as before.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

sit ouside and wait for them , get some pics or catch em and call police or take them to their parents..... big dog might work.

ds549

Place the TP in the locked cage next to spray paint:)

-- Oren

"I wouldn't even be here if my support group hadn't beaten me up."

Reply to
Oren

Pit Bull

Reply to
Terry

That's easy enough: don't be an asshole. Assholes are the only ones I can recall ever getting their houses rolled when I was in school. As a result, I make it a point never to give the neighborhood kids a hard time. And in over 20 years in the same house, I've never been rolled, egged, or vandalized.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Texas Penal Code 9.42 DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY A person is justified in jusing deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property: (1) if he would be justified in using force against another (to prevent damage or to recover his own property); and (2) when and to the degree he reasonably believe the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or CRIMINAL MISCHIEF DURING THE NIGHTTIME (emphasis added);

YSMV (your state may vary)

Warning: If you kill the goblin, the cops will sequester your weapon until their investigation completes. We had a 70-year old fellow in Dallas last week who had to buy a THIRD goddamn shotgun because the cops keep confiscating his weapon every time he kills a burglar!

Least the cops could do is provide a "loaner." It's not like they don't HAVE any shotguns! Bah.

Reply to
HeyBub

What does this have to do with someone toilet papering a house?

Reply to
tnom

As a former egger, spray painter, and TP vandal, I can tell you most of the time I did not even know who lived in the house or drove the car I was egging etc. The only thing that set me straight was getting my ass kicked... and it took a couple of ass kickings but I got the message of course that was a different time 1980's, I think you can't do much nowadays, maybe just tazzer the bastards a few times?

Clark...

Reply to
Clark...

Some moron posted the law about using deadly force to protect property, because he thinks it applies to kids toilet papering trees. Then, he needed to include an anecdote about shotguns because he gets all tingly in his panties when he talks about weapons.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Buy an outdoor motion sensor that chimes indoors. What you do after you catch them in the act is up to you.

Reply to
mike

"Clark..." wrote in news:eEtTi.2008$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.lga:

paintball gun. Taser is only good for ~15ft range. PB also makes them identifiable to police. If you could get pepperball ammo,that would be even better.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

it means there may not be much TPing occurring in Texas. you could get shot for it.

Not all locales protect criminals during the commission of their crime. I wish Florida would adopt such language in their legal code.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

mike wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com:

hook the motion sensor up to your sprinkler system. they go on your lawn,and they get soaked. TP doesn't roll so good when it's wet.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Reply to
Noozer

sequestering?

Sequester the kids and no TP problem :-/

-- Oren

Why is there only one Monopolies Commission ?

Reply to
Oren

Ah, okay. A little context: Vandalism of any kind (i.e., toilet-papering a house, up-rooting mailboxes, graffiti, etc.) has been held in this state to be "criminal mischief during the nighttime and subjects the perpetrator to the application of deadly force.

Reply to
HeyBub

It sorta does. The recent (2005) passage of Florida's "Castle Doctrine" law establishes the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm. You may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

It doesn't matter that the intruder was drunk, or negligent, or mistaken.

Further, you may not be sued for any damages sustained by the victim.

Go Florida!

How all this silliness came about:

For generations (well, at least since the Magna Carta in 1216), there exited in either black-letter or common law the notion that one's home is a "castle" and, to remain inviolate, the owner had the unquestioned right to repel intruders by any means necessary. And that right could not be gainsayed by anyone.

Then a bunch of egg-heads got together and promulgated the "Model Penal Code" in 1976. The so-called "Castle Doctrine" was absent from the MPC and state legislatures, with modest tinkering, adopted the thing wholesale. So the Castle Doctrine disappeared.

Thanks to publicity Florida generated (mainly) many states have repaired this deficiency in their state laws.

Reply to
HeyBub

Pick up the toilet paper, iron it, and use it yourself.

Reply to
Not