Tankless Hot Water Heaters Questions

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

Does that still hold true? I can't get Natural Gas, so I just have the propane price---- but here in NY my LP gas has gone from $1.45 a gallon to $2.26 in the last 6 years while my electricity [Niagra Mohawk] has remained steadily between 11.5-12.5 cents per KWH over the same period. [that's actual cost, including all adjustments-- usually a couple cents higher than what it says I'm paying per KWH on the bill]

When I replaced my electric with gas it wasn't a dramatic savings--- and now it is likely to cost a bit more, but I'm looking at a tankless gas anyway-- everlasting hot water and space saving in my basement. [and my gas has been maintenance free for 15 yrs or so, while the electric took a new element every couple years]

You had to make me go look--- the 125B is on sale for $399. [$100 off] http://makeashorterlink.com/?H16A51DC9 [goes to] http://www.houseneeds.com/shop/HeatingProducts/WaterHeating/AquaStar1/AquaStarlineup.htm
grrrrr -- I didn't want to do this until next summer, but I feel my Scotch blood kicking in.
I see that the 125B has a pilot--- is yours pilotless? [I'm torn between the minimal amount of gas used vs being able to take a hot shower during a blackout. we have city water]
Jim
125 has 2 pilotless models, one with 2 D Cells, mine are going on 2 yrs now and one with a mini hydro generator, 125 is a one shower model. 170000 Btu. There is also a 180000 Btu model.
OP said 3$ propane, well where? At HD in 1 lb bottles, yes.
0.125 KWH is apx equal to Ng at 2.95 a therm. In the midwest it is apx 1.05 a therm now , nearly 1/3rd the cost.

You may be able to get someone a deal, but can you get it shipped to them? When was the last time you sold one of those envirotech's? I understand from some of their larger distributors that it's taking them up to 6 months to get one delivered now. Why don't you go to pinksheets.com and check the public records out to see how well they're doing. Their stock symbol is TSYW. Take a look at their last 5 SEC filings. Those are the most interesting ones. They have filed for bankruptcy, have multiple lawsuits filed against them and even a lawsuit filed by them against the previous owners and their wives. It doesn't look pretty.