tackling VERY deferred maintenance

I am facilities manager in an old hotel-60 rooms. I don't have much experience in the field (I still don't khnow I happened to land in the job)
Recently one of the guests, a semi-retired contractor, went around the place and came up with a list of thirty jobs that need doing. None are emergencies, but it will bring the place up to a new level as we do them.
Anybody got any ideas on how I can keep uncovering these somewhat subtle deferred maintenance items? What kind of person might do this sleuthing for me? I am willing to pay for the service.
Thanks for any advice.
Mike
Find a good inspector and get bids in each area

"..a semi-retired contractor" .. worked well the first time