Table saw - ripping thin material?

Page 2 of 2

-snip-

If you have any kind of a shopvac [though the bigger the better] try hooking the vac to where that bag hangs. Sometimes a Fernco fitting from Lowes/Home Depot is the best way to attach them.
And visit some woodworking sites that talk about the dangers of table saws. Always stand to the side- and after you see the speed at which a table saw can toss wood at you you'll become a more cautious operator.
Oh- and make some push sticks and featherboards as your first project.
Watch your fingers.
Jim

I was doing something similar to this making pieces for a doll house. I made a push stick that was as wide and long as the piece I wanted to rip then pushed the stick through the saw to cut a grove in it. The back of the push stick had a heel the same thickness of the material I was cutting about 1/8 inch. It took longer to make the push stick than rip all the little slats.
Jimmie