Swicht

I'm try to change the swicht from my medice cabinet (bathroom) 2 wires ( from wall, white en black )my ficture has 4 lights but ends with 2 wires white en black...but to small to reach to the end of the medice cabinet, so I add wires to..y put together 3 white wires, ( wall, cabinet,swicht ) then as soon i touch black wires power goes out...need help
Yellow pages, call an electrician.

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Just because you can't see or smell electricity with your own senses doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.
Please don't exemplify the old saying, "Fools rush in where wise men dare to tread."
You may not injure yourself, but you could end up "getting it to work" but also setting a trap which could kill some other person, particularly in a bathroom where grounded metal plumbing and water abound.
Take my and the others' advice and hire an electrician. PLEASE!!!
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net wrote:

Frankly I believe you are in over your head. You are creating a dead short. You can't just connect the wires that way. The correct way would depend on factors you have not explained. At least important is that connection you are making. Is the location, the method of attachment, the method ofsecuring of wires all safe and according to code?
I do suggest that you hire a professional and pay him for the few minutes time (plus his time to get to your home). Compared to the possible results of doing something wrong it will be a very well spent few dollars.
There are just too many possible issues here to give you comprehensive instructions in a newsgroup environment.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
Though for the original poster, your yellow pages would spell it 'electrishun'....
Master wrote:

the
white
power
And also should be mentioned, in case you are doing this (b/c it sounds like you are), you really, Really, REALLY should not be touching any wires that are live. You need to turn off the power for the whole circuit at the main breaker panel. You could easily kill yourself by working on a live circuit (even if some fools around here think they can do it).
Be safe. Turn the power off. Then find someone who knows how to do what you need.
-Kevin