Swamp cooler water feed problem

Page 2 of 2

What's a Swamp Cooler?
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 04:47:53 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@toolshed.com wrote:

LOL. Perfect timing,
AIUI, it's a device with a fan that blows hot air over a pan filled with water. The water evaporates by pulling heat from the air, so the air becomes more humid but cooler. In places where it's hot but the air is very dry, it's cheaper to buy and to run and works as well (almost as well?) as an air conditioner with a compressor, condenser, and evaporator. And you get to leave your windows open. That's New Mexico, Arizona, and in all directions from there. I saw one in Las Vegas. If the humidity goes from 10% to 30% or more it is still not too humid for people to be comfortable, but the air temperature has dropped 10 or 20 degrees or more. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_cooler

Any chance the only one I've ever seen, in Las Vegas, 45 years ago, worked the way I said, just using a pan, no pads??