Supplemental Ground Rod

I am doing my own service upgrade (100--> 200 Amps), in talking to the local inspector he mentioned the need for a secondary ground rod per (NEC 250.53)? Has anyone else encountered this when upgrading to 200 Amps service? Thanks. Justin
<< in talking to the local inspector he mentioned the need for a secondary ground rod >>
If this is what the man wants don't sweat it, just do it. The cost is minimal, and the extra protection certainly has merit. Soil resistivity in some areas make supplemental grounding necessary, usually within 6' of a primary ground. HTH
Joe

http://homewiringandmore.com/homewiringusa/2002/maindwelling/meter/meter.html
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:52:00 -0600, "Justin Fisk"

Google this group on "ground rod", read some of the threads, then realize you need two rods and a whole house surge protector too. If you're going to all the trouble of upgrading, you might as well protect the house.