Sump Pumps, run them once a month so the bearings don't seize

that's my tip for the day...
if you have a sump pump, run the motor for a few seconds at least once a month to keep the bearings from seizing up.
cheers
Mark
Why would the bearings seize ??????????????????????????????????
Jerry

I have Pedistal pumps 50- yrs old that run, the pumps have sleeve brass bearings and cant seize, I do oil the motor bearings.
The motor is sealed with oil. The oil only gets 'GUNKY' if water has got in. Mine is 41years old and it is fine. See if yours says'MADE IN CHINA OR JAPAN'???
If it was installed by builder you need to replace it now ! If You bought junk you have junk