Suggestions on cutting energy bill --

Page 4 of 4
About the only other things I can think of are to apply a reflective glazing to your south-facing windows. There is also a reflective foil for the attic which you lay on the insulation to 'bounce' the thermal energy away form the living space. I wonder what this does to shingle life in the long term.

I am in error here. If you read this http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs+walls/radiant/rb_01.html you will see that laying the relflective barrier directly on the insulation will negate much of its beneficial properties. Apologies!