Suggestions for Vertical

Suzie:
S > I am painting my kitchen/dining room/living room. (They are all S > one big L-shaped room.) There's a sliding glass door in the dining S > room that is covered by cheap, off-white, vertical blinds. There's S > no reason to replace the blinds (although I'm keeping that idea in S > reserve), but I would like to spruce them up a bit. S > S > I'm pretty certain that I'm going to put a wooden cornice (?) over S > the top of the blinds, to hide the the hardware. I'm also thinking about
Yes, it's called a cornice. Upside-down L-brackets (right-angle brackets) mounted into the wall studs (use a stud finder) and underneath of the cornice should hold. You could add some small decorative lights (use 4-W night-light bulbs) and nick-nacks.
S > painting the individual blinds, but I'm concerned about the paint S > cracking off. The blinds are a flexible vinyl. I've thought about S > this new spray paint that is supposed to bond to plastic to prevent S > chipping, but the color selection is very limited.
Hmmm: how about wallpaper or contact paper? Haven't done it, just a thought. BTW, be careful with the gear-thingies at the top of each blind used to rotate. A couple of ours have broken.
- » barry.martin■AT■thesafebbs.zeppole.com «
* "I think not," said Descartes, and promptly disappeared.
--
■ RoseReader 2.52ß P003186
■ The Safe BBS ■ Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971