Suggestions? Driveway crack over inch

There has been an ever widening crack running the width of my maybe 15' from the edge of the road. Over the years it has shown up as perhaps a " crack. I've relentlessly filled it with the rubber compound (Ace hardware no-name brand) that comes in a caulk-like tube.
I've just assumed that the crack is a small amount because of continual movement and mostly because of the rubber compound drying, because if it were primarily movement over the years the crack would be well over an inch and a half wide by now with most of it filled with rubber.
But now it's suddenly " wide. Things are getting worse---what is likely going on?
-- *Primarily* --> What is a sensible stop-gap crack-filler for this? It is exceeding the maximum ratings for the rubber compound that I can find at the hardware store.
THANKS
Rebar missing.......? No reinforcement? I always guarantee 2 things when I pour concrete. It will crack, and I do not know where....... Sounds like land movement......Is water a problem..... Drainage? Lots going on, and no real "quick fix" Is it on a grade or slope? What about a retaining wall to slow it..... too many what ifs..... jloomis
There has been an ever widening crack running the width of my maybe 15' from the edge of the road. Over the years it has shown up as perhaps a " crack. I've relentlessly filled it with the rubber compound (Ace hardware no-name brand) that comes in a caulk-like tube.
I've just assumed that the crack is a small amount because of continual movement and mostly because of the rubber compound drying, because if it were primarily movement over the years the crack would be well over an inch and a half wide by now with most of it filled with rubber.
But now it's suddenly " wide. Things are getting worse---what is likely going on?
-- *Primarily* --> What is a sensible stop-gap crack-filler for this? It is exceeding the maximum ratings for the rubber compound that I can find at the hardware store.
THANKS
Please tell us about the rest of your driveway. Asphalt? Concrete? How thick? Where do you live? What's your climate like? Do you have hard frost in the winter? Do you drive a steam roller, or a heavy vehicle? Is your oldest son named Charles? We need more information!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

(???) The question is *HOW* to patch it.

the roads owner, may be interested things are suddenly moving.
water line below may be leaking etc etc.
theres no harm in calling the municipality and they may send out a truck with liquid asphalt to seal the crack
theres no harm in trying
bob haller wrote:

When the patch gets as big as the driveway you wont need to resurface it

If you want the town to fix the crack, first paint a yellow line down the center of your driveway!

LOL
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

There's little point unless fix the underlying cause, whatever it is, of doing anything other than an inexpensive fill. Nothing you can do w/ any patching material will do anything whatsoever to stop movement. It might slow down some water infiltration and related problems being amplified by that, but otherwise it's merely cosmetic.