Stylemaster 4213632 Rev. B - washer not cleaning clothes as it used it.

I have a Whirpool Stylemaster 4213632 Rev. B which is not cleaning clothes as it used to. The clothes come out with stains ont hem....especially noticable on whites. Any suggestions on what the problem could be and/or how to clean the filter (if there is one).

Well.. there's lots of iron in the water in PEI, so that could be it...
On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 13:57:29 -0600, "munukutlam"

I had a whirlpool that had a minor oil leak in the transmission. It left very light stains.
munu,
The most common cause of stains on washed clothes is worn out dryer parts not the washing machine.
Dave M.