Stripping Paint on Exteri

D > My wood exterior shutters (new house) are badly in need of repainting. D > They're on the second floor windows. D > D > Can anyone recommend a good way to strip the paint prior to repainting? D > A lot of it is blistered or peeling off. Because of the slats, I'm D > reluctant to go the old brute force sandpaper and scraper route that D > I've used on garage doors.

Sort of a tangent to your problem but it could be the problem. Years ago we replaced and added shutters to the house -- white woodgrained plastic which we painted a burgundy. Thought the paint applied a little strangely but figure it was because plastic. Let dry overnight and next morning -- how come when picked up some of the paint came right off?? Found out later there are paintable shutters and non-paintable shutters.

  • Almost Great Inventions: Solar-powered sun lamp.
Reply to
barry martin