string trimmer repair

I have a Ryobi gas string trimmer, and I need to fix the recoil starter. I removed the shaft and now I need to split the housing to get at the recoil mechanism, but the CLUTCH is holding me up. How in the world is it removed? It probably is on a threaded shaft, but the exterior of the clutch spins freely. I need to somehow unscrew the entire thing, but how? Can someone please enlighten me?
Thanks a bunch.
Jim Talley
there is a srew in the end of the shaft that the clutch drum is on.