Stove burner Drip Pans Black or Chrome the best?

My wife bought black drip pans for the burner elements on our electric stove. It seems like the black pans would reflect less heat back up into the pot being heated and allow more to be lost. Isn't this why most drip pans are bright metallic / chrome plated?
Thanks, Bob
Add pictures here
✖
No it is for looks.
Add pictures here
✖
I buy the black ones to help my wife. My wife treats me like a Greek god.............................................
She always gives me burnt offerings.

electric
up into the

drip pans

Add pictures here
✖
The gray/black ones are often porcelain coated. When they get nasty, you can toss them in the oven and set it to "CLEAN"; no more rubber gloves and brillo pads.
If you want to torture your wife, buy the shiny ones.
John

✖
Shiny ones it is! Bob
"John?] "

Add pictures here
✖

✖
"Robert L. Wells" wrote:

The answer to your question is YES. Period. Then do whatever your wife says. Or you could do like 90 percent of us, cover the pan with aluminum foil and replace the foil when it gets dripped on.
Add pictures here
✖