Stove burner Drip Pans Black or Chrome the best?

My wife bought black drip pans for the burner elements on our electric stove. It seems like the black pans would reflect less heat back up into the pot being heated and allow more to be lost. Isn't this why most drip pans are bright metallic / chrome plated?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

No it is for looks.

Reply to
m Ransley

I buy the black ones to help my wife. My wife treats me like a Greek god.............................................

She always gives me burnt offerings.

electric

drip pans

Reply to
DanG
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

The gray/black ones are often porcelain coated. When they get nasty, you can toss them in the oven and set it to "CLEAN"; no more rubber gloves and brillo pads.

If you want to torture your wife, buy the shiny ones.

John

Reply to
John‰]

Shiny ones it is! Bob

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

How about black pans that are coated with a Teflon like material? I had the shiny ones, replaced them about every 3 months because they don't stay shiny. You want to buy pans every couple of months then go with the shiny ones, you want to put out money only once go with these. (18 months and still looking great)

Scout Lady

The answer to your question is YES. Period. Then do whatever your wife says. Or you could do like 90 percent of us, cover the pan with aluminum foil and replace the foil when it gets dripped on.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon