Storm door handle: parts source?

I need to replace the inside latch handle on the storm door on the front of our house. Can you suggest a source where I might find an original replacement part?

(I realize that if I can't get the latch I'll have to buy an entire inside/outside assembly and drill some new hoels in the door.)

The door is about 15 yrs. old and has no manufacturer's label, but printed on the outside door latch is "Season-All." A Google search on this name yielded nothing.

Thanks in advance, Al

Reply to
Al Cunniff

Some of these doors are made by local companies from standard parts. Have you checked Home Depot, Lowes or Ace Hardware? I know because I worked in a factory during college one summer. Stayed only 1 day.

Reply to
Art

Pics?

I thought that these things were pretty standard...

Reply to
Childfree Scott

Home Depot, Menard's, Lowe's, Ace Hardware. All latches are pretty standard, color choices are black or white. Only complete assemblies are available in stores where I shop. Prices are pretty reasonable like $5 or so, and bolt right into original mounting holes. You can make the change in 10 minutes. HTH

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Thanks, guys, it wound up being easier than I thought. I did check Home Depot, Lowe's and local hardware stores, and they had replacement inside-latches, but it was hard to tell if they would have been perfect replacements.

My idea of "perfect" meant not having to drill new holes, or re-align the inside latch and/or outside door handle.

I found a great supplier called Blaine Window Repair, and I was able to pop in on them while I was in the Silver Spring, MD area. (They also have a website

and an 800#,

1-800-565-4948. Very helpful guys. You can mail them a part and they'll do their best to match it.)

They sold me an inside latch by Ultra that was a perfect replacement. Had it installed within 10 min. of getting home.

Reply to
Al Cunniff