Storing Psint?

Page 2 of 2

I do it because it's the client's paint, and I want them to have the sticker that shows the tinting formula. With that sticker, they can buy another can of paint if the old one is no good.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

My experiment hasn't stood the test of time yet, but about 2 years ago I had about 1/2 gallon of latex flat wall left from painting our living room. I decided to try something - I cut a circle of plastic drop cloth the size of the paint can (used the lid as a template). I cleaned the rim and exposed inside of the can best I could, then gently placed the plastic on top of the paint.
I hadn't thought about it until reading this post so I just checked it and it was still good. Plastic was still floating on the paint, hadn't sunk to the bottom, and paint seemed pretty good. Of course you have to be careful and remember not to shake or tip the can until you remove the plastic. I'll probably leave it until next winter and the do some touchup work when we move the furniture again to decorate for the holidays. I'll see how the paint has really held up at that point.