Store Bicycles Outdoors??

Do you think it is ok to store bicycles under a deck, covered in plastic for the winter?

you don't want to just cover it, you want to encapsulate it. On a dry day, clean the dirt off the bike, lube it well, and then roll it up in a couple layers of heavy plastic visqueen or similar. Tape all the seams on both layers. If there is any way you can add hooks under the deck and suspend the wrapped bike on ropes, that would be better.
I <do> sympathize. I live in a one-bedroom apartment, and my bike is a shoehorn fit in my not-quite-weathertight outside storage closet. I put hooks in the ceiling, and hang it from those, and it stays pretty dry.
aem sends....

No.
Depends. Do you live in Arizona or Nevada?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

http://tinyurl.com/r3r6
Not if you don't want it all rusty by spring!

Depends -- is it a Huffy or a Litespeed?
HB2:
H > Do you think it is ok to store bicycles under a deck, covered in plastic fo
H > the winter?
I would allow air circulation otherwise the bike will probably rust. Another poster suggested cleaning off, lube'ing, and sealing. I'm thinking water will have seeped into the mechanisms and cause rust.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Stock up and save sale. Limit one per customer.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971