Storage life of Quikrete?

How long does Quikrete (the quick-setting variety, for setting fence posts), still in unopened bags, last? -- i.e., before it sets simply by absorption of moisture from the atmosphere. I have some left over from a project at least 6 months ago; AFAICT (without opening a bag), it's still OK, but is it really?
Perce
I've used bags that were a couple of years old and they were still fine, as long as yours is stored out of the weather it should be as good as new.
--
Mikey S.
"Percival P. Cassidy" < snipped-for-privacy@notmyISP.net> wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 15:54:16 -0500, "Percival P. Cassidy"

I trust an unopened bag over an open one, for 6 months :)

Provided they are not stored in a wet area where they can absorb more than just the humidity from the air, they should last indefinately. The worst that humidy should do is form a very thin crust next to the paper. I have used bags that were several years old and stored in a garage in Houston without problems. And if you can find a more humid place than that, I don't want to know.
they will not last indefinately. They will eventually (about a year usually) absorb enough moisture to become a bag shaped rock.

Provided they are not stored in a wet area where they can absorb more than just the humidity from the air, they should last indefinately. The worst that humidy should do is form a very thin crust next to the paper. I have used bags that were several years old and stored in a garage in Houston without problems. And if you can find a more humid place than that, I don't want to know.
On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 17:30:21 -0600, "S. Barker"

Yep. Been there, done that. The 80-lb bag-shaped rocks are a nuisance to throw away, too.
Moisture is the problem. Humidity can cause it. It does not take much in an area having high humidity.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
if it hasn't turned to a rock, then it's ok.

Should be okay as long as you haven't left it out in the rain/snow and the mixture is still powdery when you open the bag. The ingredients don't "degrade." They simply set if they get wet. The bags are fairly well sealed against normal humidity, but not precipitation.
-Frank
--
Here\'s some of my work:
http://www.franksknives.com /