stinky fridge and freezer

I need to clean a unit out that had rotten turkey in it for 3 hot months. Any suggestions? We have tried charcoal. I scrubbed the heck out of it but cannot get all the nooks and crannies as it doesn't come apart all that well.
Thanks
G. Doughty KI4BBL

baking soda.

G. Doughty wrote:

Quaternary ammonium. I buy the stuff at Fleet Farm under the name "Steramine", where it's sold (gallon jugs of 10% solution) as a dairy disinfectant concentrate. I think you can also buy it as an algicide and bacteriacide for humidifiers. The active ingredient will have a name like "benzylconium chloride" or "n-alkyl benzyl amonnium chloride", and it is an amazing deodorant with an oddly "fresh" smell. Don't get it in your eyes.
Best regards, Bob

Go to a hunting/fishing store and ask for BuckLure. Wash it down real good with that
It WILL get rid of that rotten turkey smell.......

sounds like you might have a real fowl odor
Have you plugged it back in again?
Reason I ask, when Hurricane Juan blew through town last September, power was out here for four days. Everything in the fridge/freezer went bad, city was closed down and didn't pick up trash for a few days.
My fridge really stunk, even after cleaning it out with a bleach solution and leaving big containers of baking soda in it for days. But after the power came back and I turned it back on again, things improved considerably. Keep a couple of big dishes of baking soda in there after cleaning it throughly, then turn it on for a bit and see if that improves things.
KD

You deserve to be taken out to Cunning Linguists heaven and left there.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
You might wish to use zeolite, a natural volcanic mineral which absorbs strong odours in confined spaces and would probably draw out any odours that may have migrated into the foam insulation through gaps in the inner housing. Any well-stocked hardware store should have this economical product which is sold under various brand names.

thanks guys. Looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Appreciate all the help.

Baking soda.