Sticks to any metal surface

Recently I have seen several TV commercials about a magnetic flashlight that the seller claims will, "Stick to any metal surface." Don't they know that aluminum, copper and brass are metals and that magnets will not stick to them?
--
When I am in the kitchen, I often kick one of my cat's balls.
After I kick it, he will sometimes play with it for a few

Yeah, it seems that the writers of commercial copy don't know much about what they are advertising and how it works. One I love is rust resistant aluminum, not rust proof aluminum but resistant, as they don't seem to know that aluminum does not rust. OK, I know it will oxidize, but rust is the domain of iron/steel products.
Daniel Prince Wrote:

They know, but they're trying to pretend they don't so that they can make that claim.
It's called "selective ignorance". Kinda like selective hearing.
--
nestork