Sticks to any metal surface

Recently I have seen several TV commercials about a magnetic flashlight that the seller claims will, "Stick to any metal surface." Don't they know that aluminum, copper and brass are metals and that magnets will not stick to them?

Reply to
Daniel Prince

Yeah, it seems that the writers of commercial copy don't know much about what they are advertising and how it works. One I love is rust resistant aluminum, not rust proof aluminum but resistant, as they don't seem to know that aluminum does not rust. OK, I know it will oxidize, but rust is the domain of iron/steel products.

Reply to
EXT

They know, but they're trying to pretend they don't so that they can make that claim.

It's called "selective ignorance". Kinda like selective hearing.

Reply to
nestork