Stained oak parquet flooring

I have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not remember the exact formula or process.
Does anyone happen to remember this fix?
TIA.
I have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not remember the exact formula or process.
Does anyone happen to remember this fix?
TIA.
oxalic acid, not bleach. you can get it in home depot in the paint department, or it is the main (only?) ingrediant in barkeepers friend, a cleaning supply.
It is package as Wood Bleach also, check the label as there is an A&B wood bleach aslo.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:41:02 -0700, "Charles Spitzer"

ok - thanks. So I just mix up some of this, soak a cloth and lay it on top of it for awhile? I guess until it is all a uniform color?
thanks
have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it <BR>caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some <BR>time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not <BR>remember the exact formula or process.<BR><BR>Does anyone happen to remember this fix?<BR><BR>TIA.<BR><BR>oxalic acid, not bleach. you can get it in home depot in the paint <BR>department, or it is the main (only?) ingrediant in barkeepers friend, a <BR>cleaning supply. <BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
have some oak parquet flooring that had some water soak onto it and it <BR>caused some dark stains in some areas. I seem to recollect reading at some <BR>time a remedy involving bleach(? maybe) and somehow soaking it, but I do not <BR>remember the exact formula or process.<BR><BR>Does anyone happen to remember this fix?<BR><BR>TIA.<BR><BR>oxalic acid, not bleach. you can get it in home depot in the paint <BR>department, or it is the main (only?) ingrediant in barkeepers friend, a <BR>cleaning supply.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV dir=ltr>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV dir=ltr> <DIV>it's a powder. you make a paste of it and apply to the area of floor, and remove when it is faded enough.</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=