Squeeky Hardwood and Fix

Hello,
We have a really squeeky floor - 37 yearold strip oak.
I have been playing with those floor screws where the head snaps off below the surface and leaves a small "scar". I have two questions if I may:
1. Does laying new hardwood floor on top of an old oakfloor make sense or is this nuts? I am thinking ease of installation and height will not be an issue.
2. If I had to rip up the old floor in the future, will these "hidden screws" cause me great grief?
Thanks for your help!
Louis
Louis McEniry wrote:

It should not hurt, but it will not fix the squeaks and it may make more.

I don't think they will cause too much of a problem, but it might be a problem if you were trying to sand down the original finish.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math