SQC-4 Water Factory Systems RO: Air Bubbles

Hi,

I've been using a SQC-4 reverse osmosis unit from Water Factory Systems for a little over 6 months. When the system was first installed, I noticed lots of air bubbles forming in the filtered water and upon asking the installer I was told that the bubbles woulds gradually decrease as we used the unit. Well, it's been more than 6 months and the bubbles are still there, first everywhere in the water after filling up a glass and slowly rising up to the surface and hanging there like patches of bubble clouds.

My question is, is this a normal occurance for RO filtered water? If not, what is causing it and how can it be fixed?

Thanks. Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Soran

Jerry,

First question I would have to ask you is, are you on municipal water, or on well water?

Reply to
Michael Ross

Mike,

I am on municipal water.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Soran

Couple questions for you:

1) Is your resevoir tank laying down on its side, or is it standing upright? If its laying on its side, try standing the unit upright.

2) In regards to the bubbles, are they along the sides of the glass, or are they all over in the water making it appear cloudy?

Here's one thing you might want to try. Open up the RO faucet, and drain the resevoir tank completely. It should get to the point where the water is trickling very slowly out of the faucet. Then shut the faucet off, and let the system fill back up completely. See if that fixes the problem.

Reply to
Michael Ross

See below:

The tank is standing upright right under the sink.

After 30 seconds, the bubbles rise up to the surface of the glass and hang there like small patches of combined bubbles.

I tried that already, did not help.

Is this a sign of problem that needs to be fixed or just a cosmetic thing that has no bearing on the purity/hygene of the water?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Soran

Is this a sign of problem that needs to be fixed or just a cosmetic thing that has no bearing on the purity/hygene of the water?

Being that you are on municipal water, I doubt the bubbles will affect the purity of the water in way. I wouldn't be too concerned about them unless you dont like them cosmetically.

Reply to
Michael Ross