Sprinkler Value Box

If I wanted to build my own sprinkler value box since it's an odd size, what materials should I use to construct it? Any thoughts? Any websites that would help me?
Znott wrote:

advice about valve boxes: http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/index.html
Hubby and I shopped for valve boxes for our condo, after locating and digging out "lost" valves......they come in all sizes. What dimensions do you need?

How does a box add more value?

Gees ED, "Sprinkler Value Box" People walk by and sprinkle money in it while the monkey plays music.

Bricks? Concrete backer board? Concrete?
Or some mixture thereof?