Spraying a deck with water repellent?

I did about half my deck with a roller using Wolman tinted waterbased water repellent. Then I read the instructions. It says you can spray it on with a pump sprayer and then roll it in. That would cut the work in half! I have a pump sprayer used for spraying insecticide and weed killer. Is that what they are talking about? The repellent is pretty thin; should work...

Yes.
Yes, that is what I use, but I don't roll it in after spraying. I haven't used the brand you are referring to , I use Thompson's tinted water seal. I do side jobs pressure washing and sealing decks, I have done at least 200 decks in the past 3 years and have had no complaints, Yet!? I pressure wash the deck then allow to dry for 24 hrs (depending on weather) then I go back and spray with the sealer. I have always gotten an even finish but what I like is that there are no brush strokes, yes I have to prepare the adjacent area for overspray. I think I'd rather throw down a few paint cloths then to sit there and roll all day.
See how it works for your brand, although I'm sure your probably already done the task, huh?
Searcher

I don't understand. Aren't ducks already water repellant?