Spackle over blueboard

Hi,

I'm hoping to have plaster-over-blue-board walls, but I may or may not be able to find a plasterer I feel comfortable letting inside my house. So far I met with three (with estimates ranging from $2200 to $7100) but I am not comfortable with any one of them. So my plan is to keep looking but I am eager to put up blue board to keep the cellulose insulation from falling out. So I am wondering about this. Suppose I put up blue board but then end up not finding anyone to do the plastering. Would I be able to change the course and just complete it as if it were regular drywall?

Reply to
Jennifer Eden

You can change course and complete it with 6" 18k solid gold custom fitted panels if you want, and don't let anybody tell you you can't. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

coat and texture with drymall mud. it works fine and is a DIY type job.

dont use spackle it dries way too fast!

Reply to
hallerb

So I'm still not quite sure what the answer is. Can blue board be finished as if it were regular drywall?

Reply to
Jennifer Eden

Absolutely, yes. Go ahead and try a secluded portion of the wall. Work with a low angle incandescent light to highlight the highs and lows, and results under normal lighting will look surprisingly neat. If you use setting type drywall mud (preferable) mix small batches and clean tools frequently as you go. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Pretty good info:

-----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

She can got to school.

Oren

Not a problem at all...Done it MANY times...Go for it...It will really soak up primer though so be prepared for a little extra primer unless you skimcoat with mud......Good luck...

Reply to
benick