Source for *magnetic* extended drill drivers

For hard to reach places where your hand may not fit into to hold the screw on the tip of the driver.
6" to 12" would be great for common screw types. I pretty much stick to phillips but a set of differing screw head types would be nice to have around.
Tried a Google search without results, obviously I am not asking the right questions. The responses I get are either non-magnetic or Rube Goldberg contraptions.
Thanks, John
John wrote:

Try here. Watch for line wrap. I have one over a foot long but I've had it for years and have no Idea where I got it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?keyword=screwdriver+bit+extension
--
Gerald Ross

Everyone must row with the oars he has.
On 12/10/2011 6:11 AM, John wrote:

I've never had a problem finding long magnetic bit extensions. For a really long one, you may have to visit one of the local industrial supply houses but 6" bit extensions are common at the big box home improvement stores. If you must have a long magnetic holder, use a sliding chuck release type to extend a shorter magnetic tip holder.
https://encrypted.google.com/webhp#hl=en&cp=9&gs_idy&xhr=t&q=magnetic+power+screwdriver+bit+extensions&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&site=webhp&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=magnetic+power+screwdriver+bit+extensions&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp 70ae2b965f879&biw24&bihX8
http://preview.tinyurl.com/cyjxbcp
TDD
In

Nobody cares what equipment with planned obsolescence uses for screws and bolts. Did you read the OP
------------------------ "Twayne" wrote in message

On 12/10/2011 7:11 AM, John wrote:

I presume that a magnetic bit holder just refers to how the bit is retained in the holder and doesn't automagically magnetize the bit to hold the screw?
Like this one:
http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/magnetic-bit-holder-201095.aspx
John
On 12/10/2011 10:15 AM, John wrote:

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/magnetic-bit-holder-201095.aspx
or this one:
http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/irwin-magnetic-screw-guide-281733.aspx#features
John wrote the following:

Wrong. The magnetic bit extender transfers the magnetism to the bit. I can pick up screws with the end of the bit when it is in the extender.

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/magnetic-bit-holder-201095.aspx

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 12/11/2011 12:06 PM, willshak wrote:

http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/magnetic-bit-holder-201095.aspx

Great!
One more question, which of the following two would you recommend?
http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/irwin-magnetic-screw-guide-281733.aspx#features
-or-
http://power-tools.hardwarestore.com/54-394-magnetic-bit-holder/magnetic-bit-holder-201095.aspx
I am leaning toward the extendable one but thinking the other would probably be more reliable.
Thanks, John
I believe you are looking for a bit extender. I have seen them at HFT, Sears and a small real HW store (where I got mine). I expect HD, Lowe's, Ace HW, Maynards, et al would have them as well.
Mike in Ohio