Sour Smelling Wood, Dresser, Speakers. Why?

I have a dresser with drawers made out of compressed recycled wood and it has this musty sour dough smell. The smell gets in my clothes and I don't like it.

Then I just bought a new pair of Yamaha Speakers from Yamaha (note they are new). The subwoofer has some wood in it and also has this same smell.

My house is clean and dry. I have no pests. This smell has been in my dresser and speakers when I got them new. WHY?

What causes sour smelling wood? Is it chemicals? Is it mold? fungus?

Should I worry about my lung health? The smell doesn't travel very far only when I open the drawers or get within 1 foot of the speakers do I smell the light sourness.

I don't see any damage or wettness. It's just the annoying sour smell coming from somewhere.

How do I get rid of it? Wood oil? Orange polish? Or Sunlight?

Reply to
wallee

Sounds like glue smell

Reply to
mark Ransley

I've used shellac to seal wood odors from newly made drawers for wifes' girl things. Zinsser Seal Coat is 2# cut dewaxed shellac with long shelf life compared to the fresh mixed stuff I make and can be wiped on the exposed wood surfaces to seal them.

Reply to
Nospambob1