Finished the Dresser

After lots of help from you guys and gals over the last year or so, I finally broke down and built a piece of furniture that wasn't just a chunk of wood on legs (I call them tables, but know better).

Anyway, the walnut dresser cum chest is done. A few pics are at:

to say it's all joinery, except the screws holding the hinges, handles and the hard board back. Do wish I'd been able to find a single 12' X 4" hunk of 8/4 for the drawer fronts so they'd match in shade and grain, but I couldn't.

It was a bit of work, but fun, and a learning experience. My wife gave me a sign that hangs in the gara-shop:

"We don't make mistakes, we do variations"

Seems appropriate.

Thanks to all for advice. Regards.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Banes

Very nice work Tom... I like the look of it. so you collect bayonets and daggers? nice hobby. Eddie.

Reply to
Eddie

Very nice, only problem now is my ISP will be reporting to our secret services and police I've been looking at bladed weapons!

Niel, in the uk

Reply to
badger.badger

Thanks Eddie.

Yes, I do have a small collection of sharp edged tools Some, like the black sheathed kukuri and the sword cane, belonged to my father, others, like the Omani kanjar, I've picked up during my travels. The "daggers" are actually Gerber combat knives, the earliest (and ugliest) of which I carried in Vietnam in the late sixties. It's a harmless hobby until someone gets mad.

The real purpose for the chest was to get the knives (all the drawers are full of them) out of reach of my grandson, who's now at that age where he can and will, try to touch anything that's shiny.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes

Now you done created something that will cause you to have to create "other" things and you will suddenly become a woodworking "god" to your family...

There goes the hobby.

Tom Banes wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I don't wonder how you know that, Pat. I've read your posts and you're usually spot-on.

Regards.

Reply to
Tom Banes